Helpful Relocation Tips
Navigating a long distance move is never easy, but we have a few tips to help ease your burden.
Plan Your Move Ahead of Time
Procrastinating can make your move a nightmare! Before the big day, make sure you've...
- Secured a moving company or rented your own van.
- Solidified your travel arrangements.
- Checked in with your agent and made plans for the closing.
As Moving Day Approaches
Let's face it—moving day can be stressful. Here are a few steps you can take ahead of time to make things easier:
- Label and reinforce all boxes.
- Donate or sell belongings you aren't bringing with you.
- Go over any last minute details with your movers.
During the Move
The big day is finally here! As you navigate the final steps of the moving process, here's what you should keep in mind:
- Keeping important paperwork (like social security cards and birth certificates) and medications with you.
- Creating an "open me first" box containing personal essentials that you can't live without.
- Packing plenty of snacks, activities, and electronics, if you're traveling far, that will last the duration of the trip.
Moving Doesn't Have to Be Hard!
Ready to take the next step? Just contact Accent Realtors to get started—we have the expertise and experience you need to make this next move a stress-free one!